This BR-2 BBQ recipe is from Chef Joey. So easy and quick compared to conventional methods. Now available to you to try with your BR-2 Dome Oven & Roaster!
(Serves 6-8 for BR-2 Original or Junior. Cut recipe in half for BR-2 Mini)
1 lb Ground Beef
½ lb Lasagna Noodles
2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Ground Salt
24 oz Marinara Sauce
16 oz Ricotta (whole or skim)
½ cup Parmesan (freshly grated preferred)
1 lb Mozzarella (sliced)
¼ cup Parsley (chopped)
- Preheat BR-2 Dome Oven & Roaster to 375 degrees F. Place Lid Rest/Trivets in Bottom Pan.
- In large pot, boil water, add a pinch of salt, dash of olive oil and boil pasta according to package directions. Drain water & drizzle a little olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- In a large pot over med-high heat, warm 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil. Cook Ground Beef breaking up using a wooden spoon until cooked evenly. Turn heat down to medium, add Garlic, Oregano, Salt, Black Pepper and Marinara. Stir until mixed and warmed thoroughly.
- In medium bowl, combine Ricotta, Parsley and half of the Parmesan Cheese and set aside.
- In large casserole dish (be sure it will fit in your BR-2 Original or Junior), spread thin layer of Meat Sauce, a single layer of Lasagna Noodles, a single layer of Mozzarella and a layer of Ricotta mixture. Then repeat layers. Top last layer of Lasagna Noodles with Meat Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Place Lasagna (uncovered) on the Lid Rest/Trivets in Bottom Pan and place Dome Lid on Bottom Pan.
- Bake for approximately 22 minutes if using a metal pan and 27 minutes if using a glass dish..
- Serve and Enjoy!