This BR-2 BBQ recipe is from Chef Joey. So easy and quick compared to conventional methods. Now available to you to try with your BR-2 Dome Oven & Roaster!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
3 Granny Smith Apples (large)
1 ¼ cups Cranberry Sauce
1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ cup Brown Sugar (packed)
¾ cup Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
4 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- Preheat Karrsen BR-2 Dome Oven to 400 degrees F. Place Reversible Cooking rack on Bottom Pan of BR-2 in the High Position.
- Coat 8”x 8” baking pan with butter (bottom & sides).
- Peel, core and cut the apples into ¼ inch thick slices. In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the cranberry sauce.
- Pour the mixed fruit into the prepared baking dish.
- Using a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats until combined. Cube the butter and add it to the mixture. Work into the oat mixture with your fingers until it’s mixed well.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the prepared fruit.
- Place in the BR-2 Dome Oven on the reversible rack in the high position and bake for 22-27 minutes or until the oats are toasted and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes to allow the cran-apple crisp to slightly thicken.
- Ice Cream or whipped cream is a great compliment to Cran-apple Crisp!