Mmmm. There's nothing like a fresh baked hot apple pie. And it's even better when made in the new BR-2 Dome Oven & Roaster. Check out this great little recipe for caramel apple pie by Chef Margaret for your BR-2.
- 1 Double pie crust
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1. Melt 1 cup butter in a sauce pan, stir in 6 tablespoons flour to form a paste. Add 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, I teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of water bring to boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust into your pie pan.
2. Put all apple slices into the sauce pan, and mixed them well.
3. Put the mixture in to the bottom pie crust, and level them.
4. Cover the top with a full curst lattice work seal the bottom pie curst and top lattice stripes together along the entire rim.
5. Top with a few shakes of cinnamon.
6. Preheat BR-2 Dome Oven for 5 minutes at 450 F
7. Place the pie pan on the rack at high position, and cover the bottom cooking pan with dome lid.
8. Set at 450 F and baked for 15 minutes,
9 Lower the temperature to 375 F and bake for 30 minutes
10. Raise temperature up to 450 F baked for additional 15 minutes.